Wednesday, May 26, 2010

5 Weeks to go

The count down has begun and I am getting a little nervous and very excited for my summer service adventure. I will try to blog while I am gone to keep all my friends and family posted on Navy ship life as time and computer access will allow.

I will be a part of the Indonesia rotation and will be gone for 5 weeks starting in July. I will be working as a nurse in the Operating Room. This past week we received our plane tickets to head on out to Indonesia. The trip consists of 22 hours flying and 30 hours altogether. That is a long time on an airplane! Beam me up Scottie!

5 comments:

  1. I hope I have time in between packing and moving to keep up with your adventure! At least when I'm settled I can come look at your blog and see where you've been. Do you get to go ashore any? It would be fun to hook up with Sister Set in Cambodia. She is married and has a little boy.
    KM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very excited for you! I read about the USNS Comfort's journey last year and wanted to pack my bags right then. I hope you have a wonderful and fulfilling journey and am looking forward to following your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll make sure the family gets a dinner or two while you are away. Good luck and thanks for being great friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the coolest thing EVER! Thanks so much for sending. What a neat opportunity you will have.

    With Steve in the Navy, I’ve been on several of those ships for Tiger Cruises and ceremonies and events like that and can only imagine how exciting this will be for you.

    I can’t wait to follow your adventures!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - only a few more weeks and you'll be on the water!!! I think it's a fantasic service you are doing - what a wonderful opportunity! I'll look forward to following you on your blog and reading about your wonderful experiences. Thank you in advance for sharing! Kathy

    ReplyDelete