Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Journey Has Begun

Traveling is kind of like an out of body experience – surreal, tiring and filled with the unknown. I appreciate the small miracles along the way that make it bearable and actually pleasant. Checking in at the Atlanta airport went great and we had a super pleasant gate agent from Trinidad that offered a gate pass for Jody so he was able to walk me back to the gate so we could spend more time together and have dinner together. I was able to get a huge hug and kiss right before boarding the plane. This brought tremendous peace to me before embarking on my long journey.

When I arrived in San Francisco I had to pick up my bags and board a train to get to the international terminal before rechecking them at a new airlines. After arriving I immediately ran into someone from the LDS Charities, Suzy, and I had a buddy to hang with. Another little miracle that made this big old world seem a little smaller. I feel watched over and safe and know that I am not ever alone. Look around, there is always a friend nearby sometimes we just need to speak up first and be that friend first. Life is about making things happen – not sitting back a watching it happen.


Spent 2 hours in Taipei and onto Singapore. 30 hours of travel is a loooong time. Friday was just a memory – I'm thinking I glad that July 2nd was not my birthday as it would have been a very short birthday. I've met 16 outstanding individuals that I will be spending the next 5 weeks with. We are already instantly friends. So much to see and do and very tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment